Atheism is the absence of belief in any Gods or spiritual beings. The word Atheism comes from a, meaning without, and theism means belief in god or gods.
- Atheists don’t use God to explain the existence of the universe.
- Atheists say that human beings can devise suitable moral codes to live by without the aid of Gods or scriptures.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
Reasons for non-belief
- They find insufficient evidence to support any religion.
- They think that religion is nonsensical.
- They once had a religion and have lost faith in it.
- They live in a non-religious culture.
- Religion doesn’t interest them.
- Religion doesn’t seem relevant to their lives.
- Religions seem to have done a lot of harm in the world.
- The world is such a bad place that there can’t be a God.
- Many atheists are also secularists and are hostile to any special treatment given to organized religion.